The Deafblind International Youth Network (DbIYN) is part of a group of specialist networks that are recognised as one of the core activities of Deafblind International The youth network provides a global platform from which young deafblind people can form peer group friendships through experiencing a range of network events including holidays, short breaks, exchange visits and participating in conferences.
- The value and participation of deafblind youth will be fully recognised in the International deafblind community
- To provide a nurturing platform from which deafblind youth may safely express their views, opinions and aspirations
- The break down of barriers that can isolate deafblind youth
- For deafblind youth to have a sense of ownership and belonging to Deafblind International including representation on the DbI board
- To be consistent with the overall aims and strategic plan of Deafblind International
This is free and open to all young deafblind people between the ages of 14 and 28 years. Associate membership is also free and open to all people that support deafblind youth and / or interested in the issues of importance to deafblind youth.
‘A Glimpse of our World’ is a collection of inspirational stories from deafblind young people from around the world. Each story highlights how culture, heritage and service provision inﬂuence the lives of deafblind youth. The book provides a unique insight into how young deafblind people overcome the many challenges they face in their daily lives and their notable achievements. A second publication is due to be published in 2019.
To ﬁnd out about membership to the network and network activities please contact Simon Allison the youth network coordinator. Alternatively, you may wish to contact one of the youth network country coordinators.
Deafblind International Youth Network Country Coordinators
Network Coordinator / Country Coordinator for UK
(Three Monkeys Communication LLC)
Country Coordinator for America
(Deafblind Support Foundation Con-nection)
Country Coordinator for Russia
(Independent) Country Coordinator for Finland
(SCHK) Country Coordinator for Armenia
Asako Kawahara Country Coordinator for Japan (Independent)
(Anne Sullivan Centre)
Country Coordinator for Ireland
(Independent) Country Coordinator for Australia
(Perkins India) Country Coordinator for India
(VIHEMA) Country Coordinator for Malawi
María Alejandra Camperi
Country Coordinator for Argentina